View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #8
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Hey, neko -- do you know if the Canadian version varies significantly from the U.S. version? I assume that it's not printed partly in French (), but is it otherwise more or less the same?
It's more like the British version, in that "trainers" is not converted to "sneakers," etc. (Though Scholastic has been doing less of that with later volumes of the series anyway.) It's not in French. Also, the chapter illustrations are created specifically for the US Scholastic edition, so you don't get those. I sort of like the interior illustrations (I didn't like the first several US covers at all), but I'd still rather have the recycled paper.

As far as I know, the French version won't be out for a while -- usually translations follow months after the English release.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote