View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 03:05 AM   #7
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IorPerry View Post
Have you try to read any pdf on the cybook?
No because i own a sony. And btw. the sony does the job maybe a little bit better than the cybook (because of the support of 'real' pdf-reflow) but with this specific pdf even the sony can't do some "magic" to make it good readable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IorPerry View Post
The linked pdf is all white! do you think the problem is the 6" display? I am a developer and know the pdf format: i can make the reader that automatically cut of the border! why the cybook don't have it?!?
I don't know any reading device which can crop the borders automatically. There are tools like soPDF (just do a search here in the forum) which can do that. As for the borders with the specific nvidia pdf: Look again at the PDF - there is a header on some pages which would make it very difficult to crop the margins automatically. (And btw. i'm a developer too and very familar with PDF and i've already created programs which do crop borders in pdf documents)

Please don't get angry, but it's just not realistic to expect that such a PDF could be good readable on a 6'' screen - even without the borders.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote