View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 02:59 AM   #41
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
So by that logic it should we should be able to browse all websites, use a word processor and excel etc. To claim it's simple is over-simplifying things if only because of the difference in hardware capability of a laptop/desktop vs an e-reader. The pdf's I use on my Kobo I would curse them it they tried to reflow them. They aren't meant to be reflowed and attempting to do so would cause me grief. It's at least in part personal preference. Personally I can thing of lots of other things I'd rather see them put their time into. Obviously you think they should put time into reflow of pdf. Neither of us are wrong nor is Kobo. We (like all kinds of Kobo owners) have different priorities for what we want and Kobo only has so many hours of development time so they prioritize what they see as important (which might not be what you or I want at the top of the list).
I am astounded that people can argue that it is so hard to do, when it's been done, very successfully, by other ereader manufacturers. It doesn't make the PDF into a perfect epub, but it makes it much more pleasurable to read, and that's all we are asking.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote