View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #10
Muckraker
Connoisseur
Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre converts all images in MOBI to JPEG. And no, it's not a bug, various older MOBI renderers have problems with GIF and PNG. I always go for compatibility over size. That is not going to change.
Hi Kovid,

I totally understand the compatibility thing. Do you have any recommendations for decreasing the file size of the Calibre image conversions? I've got 10k gifs but even when I save them as jpeg with 0 quality settings they are coming up at 30k+.

It's brutal because I'm looking at having to pay a $2.25 "delivery fee" for the 15MB MOBI of a $4.99 book.

-Adam
Muckraker is offline   Reply With Quote