View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #61
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post
Oftentimes how you say something is at least as important as what you say!

i've read many posts on this and other forums that could be valuable contributory posts but the language and tone used raised the ire of other members because of the disrespectfull nature of the post.

I think that it behoves us all (myself included) to remember that just because these forums are largely anonymous we should still try to communicate with each other with the same respect that we would if we were face to face.
This.

I find that many of EldRick's posts includes criticisms that make every little gripe seem like the end of the world, with a tone that seems like an outright attack on whatever product he is discussing. This leads to some people dropping the "troll" bomb, and others trying to viciously defend the subject product. However, I have seen several posts where EldRick offers very balanced, constructive criticism and helpful comments.

So, basically, I think it would benefit the forum greatly if EldRick and others would take a little more care in constructing their thoughts and respondents would take a short breather before responding to posts that they may consider inflammatory. That would allow all of us to help product developers and eReader users more effectively, and be helped ourselves.
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote