View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 09:16 AM   #18595
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
My 3rd book of the year will be Steelheart (Reckoners #1) by Brandon Sanderson.

I'm looking forward to this one. This will technically be my first Sanderson novel, as I stopped about a third of the way through the first Mistborn book. I do plan on going back and reading that whole series, though. I liked what I saw in Mistborn, but I just wasn't in the mood, at the time, to finish it.
Still reading Steelheart. Very interesting.

This was my update about it from Wednesday:
Quote:
I wasn't really sure if I would enjoy this story after reading the violent & traumatic prologue... in fact I put it down for a couple of days. I'm now 14 chapters in and, I like it..so far. Its definitely written in a YA voice, but I don't think its really meant for a YA audience; at least not the younger end of the spectrum. I guess thats why they've now created the category "New Adult" .
One of the supporting characters, Megan, has me quite intrigued. I think, at this point, I'm almost more curious about her, than I am about if/how they succeed on their mission. In fact, seeing how Sanderson himself labels this as a YA series, I'm just assuming they do succeed - so really, Megan has most of my attention at the moment.

I have a lot of chores on my plate, but I really hope I can find the time to finish this today.
Schools are closed due to flooding in some of the surrounding areas (We got drenched last night.) So the kids and I are going to clean out their old playroom. They may have a surprise coming next Monday or Tuesday.

Spoiler:

Her name is Cricket and we're hoping to foster, and then possibly adopt her. I'm waiting to receive a follow up call from the rescue people later today.

I am very much keeping my fingers crossed!

Last edited by Nyssa; 01-10-2014 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Correcting Typos
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote