View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 02:59 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirawan0 View Post
I have a kindle keyboard (3rd gen) which I like for ease of reading, but also hate for its slowness of page turn. I notice recently that this e-book in mobipocket format has a nice navigation, i.e. it has an active "TOC" ...
That book was formatted as a periodical. Unfortunately this format isn't well documented, but since the author used KindleGen to generate the book, the source files are still attached to .mobi file. (You can extract them with 7Zip or the KindleUnpack Calibre plugin.)

Maybe you can reverse-engineer this book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirawan0 View Post
For example, in a Bible, it is better if the document always have a text bar, so I can simply type "mt 24 14" <Enter> and jump right to that document. Is it possible for an end-user to develop such a system for Mobipocket document? I have access to Calibre and I don't mind learning new things.
There are a couple of commercial Kindle bibles that offer a direct verse jump functionality, but, AFAIK, most of them are Kindle Java apps. I.e., unless you're a Java programmer, you most likely won't be able duplicate that functionality.

However, you could create periodical style Kindle books, if you figure out the source format, that is.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote