View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 03:55 AM   #7
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHPee View Post
Hi ignacio,

Sorry about that, I was not specific enough...

The first four books were all purchased the same day, from the same source, and by default after I had had to first install and register with Adobe...downloading the ebooks to my laptop was then no problem. I then made the mistake of attempting to simply copy the files across from my laptop to the Onyx. From the laptop they were visible in the Onyx memory, but after disconnecting, the reader was unable to find them. Obviously a directory structure error...and since, as a raw beginner with no documentation, I was totally ignorant of just how it all should be structured I had no other alternative but to re-initialise the flash memory and repeat the whole process, this time via Adobe...
In order to transfer the ebook files to my M91S I first had to announce the device to Adobe, who then allowed me to copy them to a bookshelf (the M91S) within the Adobe Digital Editions environment using their Drag and Drop process, hey presto, it all functioned as it should.
I use a laptop which remains unconnected to the internet for all my important data archiving, and it is from this laptop that I wish to load files onto my reader in the future, No Adobe ! If I abide by the existing directory structure which the Adobe process has initiated, will I be able to transfer files to the reader in the future simply by drag and Drop with the explorer from one memory location to the reader internal memory ? Or is Adobe required in order to add some detail of which I am ignorant ?
As you can see, I´m so inexperienced that I´m still asking the questions you have all asked years ago... I hope I have been more accurate this time,

regards, JHPee.

Well, I own a M92, and when I copy ebooks to the root directory, they are recognised by the device. This goes for the M91 as well, I am pretty sure, because that is the way it works on most readers - unless they are protected.
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote