View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #8
SpyderKB
SpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsSpyderKB can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: eBookwise eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0rsuk View Post
Initial stories about Conan are pretty good, so I thought I would probably like something by the same author
Being a Howard fan, I'd just like to pop in to say the Solomon Kane stories actually preceded the Conan tales. Regardless, I agree with your opinion. I, too, am not fond of the SK stories. But don't let that throw you off! There are MANY Howard tales even better than the Conan yarns. "Pigeons From Hell" often tops many horror fans' lists. The El Borak desert adventures are wonderful fun. And his westerns are great as well. PG should have a fair smattering of all these.

But I think you're right about most of an author's unpublished material. Especially if it was churned out for the pulps, as most of Howard's was. But even among those, there are the rare few gems. Unpublished Conan included.
SpyderKB is offline   Reply With Quote