View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
If you previously had 32 bit calibre installed and set as the default viewer, there have been various posts and threads on this issue. Try a search in these forums on registry.

For instance see this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt9876 View Post
First, I'd like to echo some of the other people in saying thank you for Calibre - it is one of the best and most useful programs I've ever used, and even better, it's free and open-source!

Like at least one other person who posted, after uninstalling the 32-bit version of Calibre and installing the 64-bit version, I was unable to set ebook-viewer.exe as a default program for any file type. In the selection dialogue, I would select the program and it would not appear on the list. After reading this thread, I searched through my registry and found several remaining entries referring to the old Calibre directory in C:\Program Files (x86)\. After I deleted all of these entries from the registry, I was then able to set the newly installed ebook viewer in the C:\Program Files\Calibre2\ directory as a default program like normal.

I have no idea why it wouldn't let me do that in the first place - perhaps there's some kind of bug in Windows 7 having to do with programs with the same file name in different directories? - but in any case, I was able to get it working.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote