View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 05:15 AM   #10
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The "MobiPocket" books that BD creates are very poor. They don't have any metadata, all text which should be centred comes out left-aligned, all pictures come out very small, the navigation links to the table of contents don't work - there are numerous problems.

It's a lot better to use BD as a book editor, but then to use the "Mobigen" or "MobiPocket Creator" tools to create a "proper" Mobipocket book. That's what I do now, and what this thread is all about.
I see.

WOW I am a little bit surprised and disappointed

When I was doing a research on iRex iLiad, I have asked a couple of times whether creating books for iRex iLiad would be more difficult or different than creating lrf files for Sony in BD and whether they would be of the same quality and as nice looking as lrf files. Besides pointing out to me that I will have to "manually" (use a certain command in BD) add TOC in the beginning of a book and that pics will be smaller, noone has mentioned all the problems that I hear now.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote