View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 10:57 AM   #11
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Any respectable critic would want to see the item (book, play, movie, Kindle) before criticizing it. How many people here have held a Kindle in their hands?
Well, based on pictures maybe you might not be able to judge whether the device is going to sit comfortable in your hand, however, we can safely say whether it looks good or not. Moreover, I don't know any other reader that would draw the same opinion from so many forum member. If you like the device, it doesn't mean that another forum member cannot say that it is ugly.

I don't like how it looks. I do find it ugly. Even my wife thinks so. When I showed her amazon's movie yesterday, she didn't want to believe it is a contemporary reading device. She said it reminds her of an old (20-30 years)Russian calculator. I also don't like keyboard. It was supposed to be foldable at least, or have an option to disconnect it completely.
What, in my opinion, makes Sony and iRex appealing is that they are not much bigger than the screens they are using. CyBook falls into this cathegory as well. I have not checked but I have a feeling that Kindle is longer than iRex, while it has much smaller screen.

Don't take it personal.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote