View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #32
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Here are all ten Barsoom books in XHTML with the CSS developed via this thread. (The 11th book -- John Carter of Mars -- oughtn't count as a Barsoom book; written by someone else after ERB was dead.)

The CSS evolved slightly over the books -- if you're interested, you can compare. I think you can still use the Llana CSS for Princess, though. If anyone spots redundancies, or possible simplifications, I'd love to know.

The books have a bunch of nifty-keen metadata in the head, and a beginning attempt at making them feel like books, instead of long articles. You can hunt around for my xBook specification thread if it interests you.

I'm moving back to the States next week, so I thought I'd finish these. The last one, Llana of Gathol had a fairly complicated TOC that took the most time of everything. All in all, I think I spent about 5 or 6 hours to make the books. I highly recommend automating as much as you can when you hand-edit.

I'm actually prouder of the covers in one sense, as they're my first real effort at color covers, using found art and The Gimp. I made all the buttons, too.

m a r
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.png
Views:	333
Size:	523.3 KB
ID:	33650  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Barsoom.zip (11.24 MB, 299 views)
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote