View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #265
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
My first impressions are very mixed. I like the design of the machine itself, although the backing is not very grippy at all. But the weight is good. Love the screen, I don't care about the blue border that is easily visible on my unit. I like Amazon's take on Android, and the speakers are really nice for a unit this small.

A few problems: the light sensor is useless. Constantly heavily shifting levels in very dramatic directions. Like the sensor has no idea what the ambient lighting really is.

Also, (and this is a big one) there is a noticeable lag on input when playing games like Dead Space and Dead Trigger. My left finger is perfectly fine when moving my character around, but the right finger takes a second to register when I put it down to try to rotate the view.

That is driving me crazy. I'll have to return it if nothing changes.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote