View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #14623
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've recently finished that one. Very odd book. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There is one problem with Beggars in Spain. It's the first book in a trilogy and after this first books, Nancy switched publishers after this was written and the other two are not out as eBooks thanks to Tor. So we get number 1 and not numbers 2 & 3.
Thanks for the heads up on "Beggars." Bummer.

As to Cloud Atlas. I think most people do not read it correctly. Yes, you can read it as a reincarnation tale but what it is really about it story itself, how the stories we tell create our reality. It is also about how stories (or lives, if you like) can be connected and have an effect far into the future. What I took away was that Cloud Atlas was asking the question can we tell a story that elevates us from the eat or be eaten of the rest of the animal kingdom.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote