View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 02:30 AM   #7
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm3 View Post
i've used the K3, ipod touche, and ipad.

imo the two apple devices smoke the K3 as far as www browsing.

the K3 smokes the two apples devices as an ereader.

K3 plus ipod touche makes a reasonable combination to do both.

if i had to pick an all in one, and i'm glad that i don't, i'd probably get a macbook air.
Horses for course. I added a Kindle to my stable after it got soundly rejected as a Mothers Day gift. In perfect light it's nice but damn it took a while to stop touching the screen to try and make it do stuff. I prefer reading off backlit screens eg Kindle app on iPad, or iBooks or Coolreader on Android. The important thing is to turn the brightness on the backlit device down to a minimum, otherwise you will burn your eyes out.

However, 3G Kindle let's me browse the BBC website virtually anywhere at no data cost. Very hard to knock that. I believe I'm right in saying that the Kindle has fairly limited browsing capabilities, but it includes the BBC news site and Wikipedia.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote