View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #17
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Yeah, basically I would think an ever increasing proportion of Australians will :

1) Buy the US edition - so Europeans lose to the competitor they are most worried about losing to short-term

2) Buy other stuff that are not by any of the price fixing gougers thus lose long-term
Or do what I do and use a US Amazon account tied to a US issued Credit Card. It makes a big difference but in the case of real goods you have to have a US re-shipping setup. I have US based relatives who do this for me.

There are a number of organisations set up to do exactly this - re-ship to Australia. Some will even purchase from Amazon (and Apple, Microsoft, Adobe etc.) at US prices and then re-ship. They allow you to make some very considerable cost savings.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote