View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 03:09 AM   #146
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
@JSWolf, I chose to put them in @page because this is the advice I've read from epub guru's like pdurrant, Kovid, and Jelby. I believe @page is more focused on device page boundaries vs. the entire text, which is what body will do.
This is correct. Margins in @page cannot always be replaced by those in body and still achieve the same effect.

For example, set margin-top:10px in @PAGE and there will always be a 10 pixel margin at the top of the physical page - which can be useful to avoid shadow casting from the reader's bezel. This margin is preserved as you move forward through the xhtml file.

However, setting margin-top:10px in BODY will only achieve 10px at the start of the xhtml page. Once you move forward through the xhtml file there will be no 10px gap at the top of the reader's screen.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote