View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I don't boycott but I am fairly price sensitive.
Most newer fiction just isn't all that special to motivate me to spend over $10. Even NYT Bestsellers, most of these books will barely be a dim memory 5 years from now. They are one and put it away reads. They'll probably sell me 3 to 4 books a year in that range. Actually it isn't even the $13 new releases that disgust me all that much - it is the $9 books that are over a decade (or more) old that I find ridiculously priced.

I mostly buy at $5 to $7 range. Thousands and thousands of excellent books available at those prices and plenty of authors and publishers glad to get my money.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote