View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 09:12 PM   #28
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
"But let's face it, too much money, too many politicians needing money, for it ever to get shortened....."

Very true in the USA. But, some politicians, like my 3 representatives to the Federal government, actual DO try to serve the public good.

However, all it takes is one country not to play. Just like some small island nations that become tax havens for business and the wealthy. Once something becomes public domain elsewhere, it is very difficult to sell it for high prices here.

I do believe that if a work has been published, but is no longer for sale with general availability (given some grace period) I believe it should revert to public domain.

Copyright will undergo several more rounds of negotiations. If the Corporatists get their way, copyright will be for life plus 100 in the next round. Perhaps WE can have a minor impact on the next round.
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote