View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 02:21 PM   #12
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Given a choice between mediocre support for many formats, or high quality support for a few, I'd go for the latter every time. Format conversion is, generally speaking, easy to do, but if all document formats are displayed poorly, you can't do anything about that.

There's a lot of truth in the old saying "jack of all trades, and master of none".
But since Hanlin V3 can run FBReader then it supports the format as good as FBReader and I have not seen people claiming that FBReader is bad.

If you accept converting files I am sure you can convert any non-DRM infested book to a format that works well.

But you are right that poorly supported formats can lead to more work. The support for html on the Cybook caused me much problems lately when I tried to just take an html file from the net and view it (the Cybook rebooted if there was more than on html tags in the document...). So it had been better in this case if html had not been supported.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote