View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #38
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejcee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Don't create a VL per author. Instead do a search for the desired author using the tag browser, then create a temporary VL using "current search".
Thanks...thought about that as well but it's really not as convenient as displaying a screen with (nearly) all entries and making a selection.

Plus, VL allows for creating entries from saved searches which with authors would achieve the same thing ( and leave me with the same problem )
I'm not sure how chaley's suggestion ends up leaving you with the same problem. You click on the author in the Tag browser then click Additional restriction *current search and you have a VL for that author. This is a quick couple of clicks to get to the VL. Click Additional restriction <None> to exit VL.

Personally I have 930 authors with 3 or more books and creating a VL for each of those authors would make no sense for me to do.

I'm curious what advantage do you experience in doing this?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote