View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
I think the reason for this is that each person had their own idea of what was appropriate... From those that felt no humour or witty remarks were appropriate, to those that felt only if they were included in the context of the conversation, to those that felt it was ok as long as the threads remained on topic with only an occasional joke or remark but didn't cascade off, etc... I don't think I saw one person that had the same precise list of inclusions/exclusions for the proposed forum... The majority seemed to specifically want The Lounge without 'descending' into silliness. That means no eBook specific discussions, at least by definition.

I personally believe the forum could use a Generic Book discussion section... While MR's focus is certainly eBooks and mobile devices that support them, it would stand to reason that people may want to discuss a book that isn't currently available, or that they were not able to obtain via an eBook format... I can't count how many times people have been politely put in their place for daring to mention or discuss a title only available as pbooks... I just finished reading Lolita, is it so off topic to discuss that with my fellow MR'ers? But I just figure, what the hell, I'll post it in threads with my friends, if they want to discuss it with me, great! Regardless of prescribed guidelines, or undeclared 'rules'....

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote