View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 02:16 AM   #7
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
Hey! What's it like??? Tell me tell me tell me please!
Not sure what to write...
It's my first Bookeen (I already have a Kindle 3/Kobo Touch/Nook Color).
The light is great, the higher resolution is (for me!) not noticable (screen looks exactly the same as K3 and KT), the lack of any kind of collections (books on the SD card can just be viewed in folder view?) is disappointing (although I can actually live with that).
I hate the many clicks necessary to do annotations, and I don't like that you cannot have more choices on the buttons (e.g. "page forward on both buttons. If you want to page back use touch").

I guess the device is the same as the Odyssey with additional light support.
The light levels seem to be reasonable (although the brightest ones are so bright, not sure when to use them at all), but you can see the LEDs(?) at the sides of the device. Not disturbing, but they are there. The light looks pretty even to me, much better than any external light I have seen so far including the cover light of the original Amazon cover for the K3.

Firmware is Boo Reader V5.0 (build 1650)
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote