View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 05:27 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen6060 View Post
Hi - can someone pls help me with Calibre and 650. I really like the 650, just received it in the mail. I transferred all my books there through ADE, and opened up Calibre hoping to edit metadata. But while calibre can read a coule of files that I transferred through the Sony reader library and it also reads the files that were pre-installed in the reader, it cant read all the other files/books transferred through ADE. Can anyone pls help explain why this might be so? Thanks in advance.
Calibre will 'see' books only if they are in a specific folder (or subfolders). For main memory, that folder is database/media/books on the drive/disk/whatever your operating system uses for the memory card.

In general, it isn't a good idea to use multiple programs to manage a device. They will fight with each other. Collections are the prime example, and folder paths are another.

I assume you are using ADE because you are buying DRM-encumbered books. If you wish to use calibre, then download the books into ADE's folders, then import them from there into calibre. Use calibre to manage the device.

Note that changing metadata inside DRM-encumbered books is generally not possible. You can use calibre to change what you see and what it writes to the 650, but you won't be able to change what is inside the book itself. That explains why you will often see different information when looking at 'book information' than you see in calibre.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote