View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #55
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
And yes, to answer another post, at least in the tech world you would have noone left to do business with if you avoided companies using these strategies. Amazon, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, all use them.
Car companies, too.
It turns out that most japanese car companies make almost zero profit selling cars in the US.
I know, we're all "shocked, shocked, I tell you". Right?

I would suggest that anybody offended by these common business practices not sully their soul and not even think of any product from such companies. That way they can sleep soundly with clean hands.

It's not as if any of those products are actually essential to staying alive. Air, food, water are all essential. Everything else is optional.

Caveat: Pharmaceutical multinationals do this all the time. But I don't think avoiding *their* products will be helpful to extending one's lifespan. So anybody looking for a true ethical quandary should start there.

Last edited by fjtorres; 01-17-2013 at 05:00 PM.