View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #86
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
I just finished flashing my k3g that i had pretty much given up on. It works great now, except for the fact that when i plug the device into my linux box, i end up with 17 items, totalling 9.8 GB, according to nautilus. They are read only, which leads me to believe a small part of /bin or something got flashed in the wrong place or something...
The image shows a trashed FAT-32 file allocation table.

I think the K3 works the same as the other, if you ssh into the Kindle and destroy the file system on mmcblk0p4 with zeros, when the Kindle is next re-booted it will reformat the partition for you.

It would be best if you researched these threads a bit before trying that at home. I am not sure the K3 will auto-reformat the user storage partition.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote