View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Glad to see that brought up, and would like more articles like it to be written.

While the GSA had some serious problems, Googlebooks is a *terrific* resource, and I'd very much like it to continue. Would just like Google to take into account the needs of groups of authors who don't write mainstream novels and pop nonfic (academic authors, graphic novelists, songwriters, and poets all come to mind), and avoid establishing a new copyright monopoly for themselves. (Not even 'cos I think they'd be evil about it. Partially because I want them to get an agreement, and violating federal anti-trust laws won't do it, and partially because I do want competing tiny niche libraries to show up, and they won't if Google's terms are too all-encompassing.)

I occasionally wonder if Google will ever start scanning legal documents--while many recent and landmark case rulings are available online, the other filings sometimes aren't, and all court docs are public domain in the US. Google could potentially have the largest library of legal documents on the planet.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote