View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 04:51 AM   #125
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I think the main reason was that I liked the idea of being able to carry arround hundreds even thousands of books with me in a single device. I've always loved books and reading but when you buy physical books you have to be conservative because they take up space. Now I can buy books until my hearts content and store them for future use. It doesn't really matter if it take me years to get round to reading something, whereas as I couldn't go on collecting physical books indefinitley.

ebooks are also much easier to organise and locate than physical books. Easier to search within books and across books, easier to annotate and keep track of those annotations. ebooks are also more comfortable to read than physical books. They all have a uniform weight, do not have to hold the books open, you can change the text size, font etc. Making the reading experience more comfortable. They are just an all round more efficient and comfortable experience of reading books.

I've always been open to the idea of reading on portable electrical devices. I started with an old PDA back in 2003. I've also tried with various phones over the years. The only thing that held me back getting a dedicated device was the lack of content and availability in the UK. The first ereader I bought was a Sony PRS 300. I would have had a kindle when they first came out if they had been available in the UK.

Last edited by shanghaichica; 09-30-2012 at 05:03 AM.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote