View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
One thing though just to make sure: If a group of developers port Android for Kindle Touch, would these accomplishments of yours (from dithermation to ...) still be as valuable as it is now on KindleOS? I'm sure it is. And at the same time, I want Android on KT too (for which it really needs a team to do it).
That is the special thing about my code -- the closer you get to the "bare metal", the less dependencies you have on any particular operating system. Instead of the "eips" calls, we can use any other way to clear the screen or trigger an update that works. My external dependencies are only for primitive functions that should be easy to replace with whatever the host OS provides. They would even be easy to port to any OS that supports SDL (linux, mac, windows) instead of /dev/fb0. Or if you boot from DOS, you could write directly to the video RAM.

You did see "bare metal" under my logo, right?

With a little effort, this stuff could even run by launching it to RAM with MfgTool (linked to or loaded by a modified u-boot). Yes, I want eink support in u-boot, and touchscreen too!
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote