View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #15
jsh1120
Connoisseur
jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
But I thought the Touchdown was (I don't know how to explain) something where when I use it on my Fire, the same thing is happening on my computer screen. I don't want that, I want to be able to check my email on my Fire at the same time someone else is on my computer doing something else, does that make sense?
Yes, it does, Patricia. But to deal with the issue you're raising, you simply need to manage the option of whether to delete emails from the server when they've been downloaded to an email client and whether to delete them from the server when you delete them from a particular client.

For example, assume that your PC (running Outlook as an email client) is sent email from your ISP server. You should be able to control whether that action will delete the email from the server or not. If you say "leave it on the server," you'll be able to retrieve it from you KF, as well.

Likewise, you should be able to control whether deleting the email on your KF or your computer will also delete it from the server assuming your server provides an imap format for your email service. Thus, you can set up just your PC as a master of deleting from the server. If you do, emails deleted from your PC will disappear from the server and you won't see them on your KF unless, of course, you've already downloaded those messages.

All in all, you just need to think about how you want to configure your two email clients and how to manage an accumulation of email to you on your isp's server.

Alternatively, of course, you may be able to follow APK's advice and manage all of this via the web with a direct connection to the email on the server. Don't know about your isp but comcast/xfinity, for example, has a web-based email client that I frequently use when I travel.

All of this, by the way, is a somewhat separate issue of whether you want to continue to use Outlook as an email client app. I completely understand the desire not to adapt to another format for email and if that is a primary concern for you, touchdown should provide an "Outlook looking" email client for you.
jsh1120 is offline   Reply With Quote