View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

Lengthy time required to view an endnote in kePub

I'm currently reading a kePub that is over 17 MB in size. If I select a link to an endnote it takes a minimum of 36 seconds to display the endnote and then immediately return to the page I was on. That is way too slow.

Once I select the link to the endnote the busy icon starts rotating in the upper left of the screen. I originally thought this was the sync icon, but it activates even while in Airplane mode. The endnote page is eventually displayed but the busy icon continues to rotate for apprx 29 seconds from when I first selected the endnote link. Until it stops rotating, I cannot bring up the Back link by tapping the center of the screen. After finally being able to select Back, I'm returned to the book page but it takes a few more seconds for the busy icon to quit rotating and the screen to quit refreshing.

That ordeal took 36 seconds and I didn't even stop to read the endnote. That is way too slow and cumbersome. The book I'm reading has many endnote links and I keep hitting the little buggers by mistake making my reading progress painfully slow.

Is anyone else experiencing this slow endnote response? Note that this is a kePub and not a sideloaded book, which makes a difference.

Last edited by jswinden; 07-07-2011 at 10:03 AM.