View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #9
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
I am a little bit confused by this "folder hack". Can you create sub-folders in the "Personal Documents" when connected to a computer? What does this "folder hack" really mean?

Thanks
And, CoolDragon, if I may add some more comments on the "folder hack":

[I've attached photos - the paragraph numbers below correspond to the photos]

1. The hack gives you access to the SD card directly from your home screen on the DR800 (I've run Kolenka's CTB PLus file, which puts my SD card right after the personal folders).

2. When you tap the SD card icon, you go to its menu. As you can see, there is a folder for Books and for "Digital Editions" (BTW - all these folders show up on your PC).

3. If you tap on Books [after tapping on the SD card icon] - you can go to any sub folders that you created yourself (with your PC). Calibre will allow you to send books to the device, but you'll get a bunch of folders based on each author you have. So, I've made sub-sub folders which are by genre.

4. This is a view inside the Digital Editions folder. As I've already "returned" my library books, they don't show here. But - they do if you have any books downloaded from the library. Odd thing is, while they'll show up if you access the IREX home page Book icon, they WON'T show inside your Books icon listed on the SD card ... they have their own folder.

The cool part about this is that you can have ALL your books listed in IREX's book icon (accessible from the main page). Then, if you wish, you can go to the SD Card icon and access your books from within your own folders or from the Digital Editions folder.

Hope this helps for an explanation. From someone who has used the Sony PRS300, this is just as good a system (maybe better) for keeping track of your books on the reader. Plus, it's faster to access, which is why I like the stylus touchscreen.

Marilyn

P.S. And, if you are interested in library books, it is a cinch to use this reader. Merely download the books with the Adobe Digital Editions software and then side load the books to the reader (PDF, ePub or both doesn't matter). It'll automatically put the books in the Digital Editions folder on your SD card - while STILL allowing you direct access from the Book icon on your home page (the filing/index system is invisible to you - while still being accessible).

P.P.S. Sorry to ramble on - I just really like this reader! It's fast and the size is awesome for reading novels on ... !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Home.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	47043   Click image for larger version

Name:	SD Card From Home.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	47044   Click image for larger version

Name:	Books From SD Card.jpg
Views:	429