View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
First, welcome to the forum I see that this is your first post.

This has been discussed before on other threads. I guess it is a "bit" odd. But then again, those summaries are there to sell the book. For the buyer in a book store to read in order to make a purchase decision. In the ebook world that summary info is in the ebook store/web site.

So, I guess I don't find it odd. But, I do think adding the summary to the content of the ebook would be a nice idea.

BOb
Several formats permit adding this data. Mobipocket Reader on a pc can make use of this data very well and ePUB has a special place for it as well. It is often used on a web site for selling the product but there is no reason it shouldn't be displayable as Mobipocket reader does. Feedbooks is adding it to their downloads.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote