View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #228
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Here is the link to the text review.
Yikes. What is this "Beyond the Book" - underlined text? I HOPE you can turn this off? It would be a total deal-breaker for me if random words in a novel that I am reading (or even non-fiction) were underlined. From their text review:

... along the bottom. There's also a link to Kobo's new Beyond the Book feature. Think of this as a sort of equivalent to the Kindle's X-Ray, a way of getting some quick contextual information about what you're reading -- that includes terms, characters and anything else the company's "complex algorithm" (don't want to spill the beans on the special sauce, right?) gathers up.

These pages are also accessible through underlined terms in the text. There weren't a ton of them while reading The Hobbit, so we didn't find it particularly distracting.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote