Old 07-14-2005, 05:30 PM   #5
MishaS
Connoisseur
MishaS is on a distinguished road

Device: Nokia N810/Nokia E51
a small typo is fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow
Hey, at least you got the choice and it's all open-source! Wish this could be said for Windows Mobile-based e-book readers... ! Misha, any thoughts on porting this reader to other platforms as well?
<techmode>
Even though it's not said on the web page, it supports desktop Qt, which, together with Gtk+ (which is the same for small devices and for the desktop) gives us quite a bit of platforms this reader can run on.
</techmode>

<shy plug>
I originally asked my friend to spend some time on porting it to Gtk+. This kind request bounced back to me and we worked on the port together. My original reason for the Gtk+ port was that I wanted this program to be then ported to Nokia 770. Being a member of the team that works on the device I knew about the internals quite a bit in advance. Two screenshots of the program being run on the device can be found here: http://only.mawhrin.net/~mss/thingies/maemo/

When I finish the package and make sure that it works on the device, the port will be properly mentioned on the home page.
</shy plug>

As for other platforms, there are no really specific plans except for Palm, which is in works. However I am not sure what is the current status of it and what is the ETA.

Last edited by MishaS; 07-14-2005 at 05:59 PM. Reason: one more typo fixed :(
MishaS is offline   Reply With Quote