View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
If there is a thread on the best way to mark books as read using tags etc I would love a link to it cheers.

There are so many, I barely know where to start, but for simple purposes -
1) Add tag "read" to each book you've read.
2) Create search:
Code:
not tags:"=read"
3)Save search as "Unread"
4) Create and apply restriction using the saved search:
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/sub_groups.html#id3

I don't actually do it that way.
I have a custom column text, like tags called: #read. I put my initials in there if I've read it, and my wife's if she's read it, etc. Calibre saves previously entered initials, so it's a bit easier to mark a book this way than adding a tag.
I search in the custom column, not in tags. The rest is the same.

I know there's a nice thread or two about this, but don't recall where they are. Others will jump in I suspect.

Last edited by Starson17; 11-07-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote