View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyatrus View Post
Of course, Calibre is a great product BUT I don't want to be a beta tester (done that too many times). I especially don't like having to rebuild my DB with all the comments, metadata, etc.
I didn't want to be a beta tester either that is why I waited. There are only minor things left to correct, most of which will be in the next release. There is nothing though that has indicated any problem with the database having any issues.

I have used Calibre since just after 0.4.?? I have never had a database issue caused by calibre. That said, I do back up my database just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyatrus View Post
Can anyone recommend the most recent version that works with the Sony PRS-505 and where the catalog function works?
I concur with Worldwalker. I use Windows XP sp3 and Calibre 0.7.2 and a PRS-505.

I just created a catalog for a 1500 book library. It took 10 minutes but it did complete. You might want to enquire in this thread about why your catalog is stuck in some endless loop.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote