View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Beautiful post, Florence.

I don't read philosophy generally, though I did read some in my teens, but of course I do my own philosophising, as do most of us

I really liked this paragraph you wrote:
Quote:
I think that in the end, what is special about philosophy is that it's, ultimately, about me. About trying to connect and make sense of all the little and big things I know, feel, sense and live. About comparing them to the thoughts of others, and connecting them together, or opposing them. About building a knowledge of myself and how I see life, the universe, and everything. And maybe my place in all this.
This is true for everything I read. Everything I experience, even, but reading more so. In the end, it's about making connections, drawing parallels, accepting and rejecting, and in the end coming out a richer person. It doesn't need to be philosophy, any better than average work of fiction will serve the same purpose well, if you have the right set of mind when reading it. That's what I gain out of reading.

Thanks for putting it so nicely
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote