View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 07:42 PM   #7
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool View Post
I use dictionary quite extensively while reading and really like the dictionary function of Sony PRS 600/900. Does any one know whether similar dictionary functionality would be available on Ipad, i.e. access the dictionary lookup function while reading a book by double tapping the word.
I think existing owners of iPhone or iPod touch would know this.
Hi - the apple store is giving more info about the ipad, and says a dictionary is built in: "Touch and hold any word to look it up in the built-in dictionary or Wikipedia, or to search for it throughout the book and on the web."

My sony 505 does not have this feature, so I'm looking forward to it on the iPad. The rest of the description of the ipad's ebook reader can be found at http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/ibooks.html
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote