View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #10
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I wish you could import PDB files and then output them to LRF. I also really, really wish it would not force you to let it copy all your files and re-organize them!
As I understand the issue, the minimum requirement for XXX import is an XXX2html.py script. The added problem for PDB is that it isn't a single ebook format. My guess is that PalmDOC import would be easy, but other formats would be harder.

A work around to the organization issue is customized export. This is already available for "send to device" on the Cybook. I don't know if it also works for "save to disk", see Sorting the books on the cybook :
Quote:
In the mean time Calibre does support putting files onto the Cybook in user defined directories via Send to Device. It's implemented though a tag. The first tag driver finds that starts with / is used as the path. Every subsequent / in the tag is treated as a directory separator. So, you have a tag /Classics/Twain . When you send the ebook to the Cybook it will be put in eBooks/Classics/Twain.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote