View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #35
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Amazon does not appear to be struggling to keep it's ebook revenues up, so it looks like you do not speak for the bulk of the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
Amazon doesn't set the prices. They just sell the books. In any case, when I look at the best selling books, the overwhelming majority cost less than the paper version. This would seem to indicate that readers in general aren't willing to pay more for the e-book than for the paper book. Sure, some people are, but they are the minority.
You beat me to the punch in answering this... but I'd like to point out that many of these are at veeeeeeeeery nearly the Hardcover price. And when you consider the cost of producing them, nearly all ebooks could make a very nice profit at half the current price.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote