View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 04:59 PM   #14
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret View Post
Well I found where the problem lies!! It's not that the links are incomplete or bad.
The readers CAN download books directly from a web server. They don't need to go through a booklist page to download them properly. They rely on plain HTTP protocol but..... , and here it's the solution, the need to know WHAT they are downloading. And they do that by reading the Content-type field on the HTTP responses.

The solution is configuring the web server to handle IMP files with their correct MIME type: application/x-softbook.

I added that MIME type to an Apache web server on my LAN and a book I posted downloaded without any problem. There it was, perfectly sitting in my readers bookshelf!!

The question is: Will Mobileread managers add that to their servers? Hope they do so
Good luck to you guys
Amazing find!

Now to add this functionality to the current Linreb & privoxy solution. Where would you apply a patch to get the MIME type (application/x-softbook) properly transmitted through to the ebook reader?

One step closer to that 'IMP Download Guide" becoming a reality...

Thanks Ret!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote