Thread: Glo Kobo Firmware 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #272
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironflute View Post
So I messed with my Glo a little more this morning. After a paper-clip reset, I hit 'Library', and the menu popped up. Then I clicked "Books". It froze.

So I reset it, connected it to my Mac, deleted everything off the internal memory, threw on some PDF's of floor plans, and waited for it to rescan the memory. After it updated, I was able to browse the PDFs and open them all without problem.
So I added 8 more items, a mixture of mobi and epub. Now I have 19 items on it. Seems to be fine.

So the trick is to load 10 books on at a time. And pray.
Which is bullshit, but I have already sold my Kindle, so I'm stuck.

*sigh* 4500 books, 10 books at a time with disconnections in between so the Glo can assess whats in memory. Terrific.
I think your problem might lie with the MOBIs. I don't believe they are supported anymore with the Glo, and support with the Touch was spotty. If I have a weird problem with recent sideloads, I check to see if I loaded a MOBI, DJVU, or some other unsupported file format on by mistake, and quite often, I have. Deleting the file and power-cycling usually takes care of it.

You can always convert your MOBI files to EPUBs, you know.
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote