View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #227
dtanis
Enthusiast
dtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud of

Device: PocketBook Pro 912
Hello rkomar,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Thanks! That's really helpful. I took an introductory course in Russian 30 years ago, so I think I can muddle through the rtf file, though I'll google around as well, for sure. It looks simpler than I thought it would be. Also, I think the morphemes for Polish would be pretty similar to the Russian ones (though with a different alphabet), so I'll check that file out, too.
If you're successful, could you post the morphems file here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
The collates.txt file looks more enigmatic to me. I'm not sure what the binary elements are between the ASCII characters in the english file. Are they some kind of UTF-8 codes?
It's no so difficult. It's just a table for transforming foreign language characters to the language alphabet in uppercase. It also transforms the punctuation marks to nothing (ignoring rule). The binary elements you talked about are just UTF-8 codes for characters which the font in your editor can't display because it doesn't have the correct glyphs. Use a full unicode font and you'll see that more characters will appear.

So for a Polish collate file, take the English version and add entries for the extra polish letters: ĘÓĄŃŚŁŻŹĆ (don't forget to delete these characters, upper and lower case, from the original entries). It's quite easy so I made a Polish one for you. It's attached to this message.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pl.zip (1.3 KB, 485 views)
dtanis is offline   Reply With Quote