View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 02:18 AM   #1
JohnClif
Enthusiast
JohnClif has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JohnClif has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JohnClif has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JohnClif has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JohnClif has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle, PC/Mobipocket Reader, Palm T3
Lessig, Lawrence: The Future of Ideas. v1. 18 January 2008

I've been trying to read the various incarnations of this Creative Commons-licensed ebook for a couple of days, and got tired of fighting bad PDF conversions, and bad MOBI conversions (the Mobipocket version on Munsey's has the entire body of text underlined).

I downloaded the MS Lit version, converted it to a text file, cleaned up the text, and then used BookDesigner 4.0 to re-convert it back to a Mobipocket-format book, fixing the table of contents somewhat and prettifying the contents.

I'm sure there's a table or two that need some formatting work, and the footnotes need 'fixing' so they actually work as expected on the Kindle. If you find a footnote you like, you'll have to go find it in the 'Notes' at the end of the book. If, as I read the book, I find these problems to be annoying, I'll fix them and re-post.

Thanks to Mr. Lessig for allowing the use of his ebook for free.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc The Future of Ideas.prc (526.6 KB, 1542 views)
JohnClif is offline   Reply With Quote