View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #15
lotrfan
Connoisseur
lotrfan will become famous soon enoughlotrfan will become famous soon enoughlotrfan will become famous soon enoughlotrfan will become famous soon enoughlotrfan will become famous soon enoughlotrfan will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
Just got the notice that it shipped; should arrive early next week. It's going to be really hard to keep from opening it up - lol.

I've ordered a 16GB micro SDHC card to replace the one that comes with it, plus a 16GB external SDHC card, to give it a little extra oomph. I'm reading the various wikis and forum posts on SlateDroid to try to get myself up to speed on the device, but I have to say, some of it is over my head and I'm loathe to post any questions there because they seem to be a bit snappish in their responses to newbies.

For those of you that have the device and have modified it a bit, what do you recommend as the essential first steps for me to take once I unbox it? (Other than to charge it up, of course ). I think that I'm going to use it for more of its pad function - got a 2 year old nephew whose fascinated with all of my electronic toys and I want to see what I can pull up on there that will intrigue him.
Well are you familiar with the cmd prompt (DOS box) and batch files? If so maybe start with the first “hack” that was done on the Novel (look in the wiki at slatedroid) and go from there as it teaches you a little. If not then read all the different prebuilt hacks that are in the Pandigital Novel section and test the ones that seem good to you. I haven’t tried any of the pre built FW hacks as I have done everything manually is cmd prompt etc.

I would definitely recommend one of the soft button hacks that add software buttons on top that are accessible all or most of the time depending on the app that is running. I have only tried one set so can’t say which one is best.

As for home screen I do like Launchpro but have heard that ADW is also very good. Not sure if this helps at all since you have been at the forums but I can try to answer some questions (not that I am an expert though).
lotrfan is offline   Reply With Quote