View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #13
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That would only be useful if I knew that one of the mobi files is going to survive DTP and the other not. That way I can compare and contrast, without wasting too much of my time. As it is MOBI is a completely opaque binary format that relies on lots and lots of random bits in the header of the file to control how it works. Given that ideally, I'd need a handful of such pairs, but I'm willing to try with just one.
Hi, Kovid:

Well, here's the latest from Amazon, which is UTTERLY useless:

Quote:
I'm following up with you regarding your inquiry on Kindle content.

I've checked with our technical team and confirmed that the calibre conversion has caused this problem. Please re-create your content using our conversion tools (MobiPocket or KindleGen) and upload it to DTP. Let us know if you have any difficulties, so I can look into it right away.
So, here's my next question: as I am not an expert in html, is there any QUICK way for me to convert the 20 xhtml files I have in an epub into html, so I can use KindleGen or MobiPocket? I tried drag-n-dropping a Sigil-generated epub onto KindleGen, as per another poster's suggestion, but I got ZIP for a TOC, not a thing, so unfortunately, THAT seems to be out. My client's ready to have my hide.

Help, thanks in advance,

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote