View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Actually, Kovid, I could send you the two different .mobi files, though, "pre" DTP--the one I created with KG and the one I created with Calibre; the "content" is identical, only the coding would be different. Does that sound viable? I know it's "pre-DTP," but maybe you would spot something?

Hitch
That would only be useful if I knew that one of the mobi files is going to survive DTP and the other not. That way I can compare and contrast, without wasting too much of my time. As it is MOBI is a completely opaque binary format that relies on lots and lots of random bits in the header of the file to control how it works. Given that ideally, I'd need a handful of such pairs, but I'm willing to try with just one.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote