View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 04:14 AM   #4
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
Thanks for trying, but that is the PDF that I am working from already. I actually found three different places online that had it, but they were all the same version. The Google online copy is the 1962 Dover Publishing edition, which had a lot of material edited out. Also, the Google version only allows me to view a handful of pages, since the Dover edition is still in copyright.

If you take a look at the PDF you found, you can see numerous OCR errors. I can figure out most of them, but some passages are pretty scrambled.

Hopefully, either I'll get a copy via the library, or someone else will turn up a copy of the book. In the mean time, I'm still working on correcting what I have.

Although some of the woodcraft aspects of the book are rather dated, and frowned upon today, much of the rest of the book is still applicable. The most amazing thing to me is that the author was extolling the virtues of "going light" over 100 years ago. This was when everyone else who took to the woods was carrying enough equipment to outfit a small expedition.
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote